HP Smart Tank 618 All-in-one printer
How to setup, Print, Copy, Scan on your HP Smart Tank 618 printer
The HP Smart Tank 618 – A perfect printer to yield prints with uncompromising quality. The revolutionary ink tank system allows printing up to 2 years without refilling. Connect to your smartphone, computer, or tablet and access the files easily through the wifi or USB. What’s more? Follow our steps to set up the printer and start your first printing experience.To see more similar models please Click here.
HP Smart Tank 618 Unboxing
Step 1: How to unbox HP Smart Tank 618 Printer
The first time HP Smart Tank 618 setup includes basis steps – Unboxing, power cord connection, ink filling, printhead insertion, and paper installation. Refer to the following section for the setup steps.
- Initially, clear the packaging material on the printer box. Now, open the box and take out your brand new HP 618.
- Then, remove the extra tapes or wrappers from the printer touch panel.
- After that, get the electrical connection for the HP 618.
- Then, choose the power cord and connect the ends to the power outlet as well as the printer port.
- Now, find the power icon on the printer and then press it to turn on.
- After that, follow the steps displayed on the LCD to complete the basic settings.
HP Smart Tank 618 Install Ink
Step 2: How to Install Ink on HP Smart Tank 618
Here are the steps for filling the integrated ink tank with the ink bottles from the HP. You get four ink bottles in the pack.
- Firstly, check the package for the black ink bottle.
- Then, flip the cap to open the bottle.
- Then, choose the black ink tank with the color marking.
- After that, remove the tank’s cap or lid to start the ink filling.
- Now, fix the selected black container upside down on the tank.
- The tank gets filled with the ink in a couple of minutes.
- Note: While the ink is draining, never squeeze or press the bottle.
- At last, monitor the ink level through the transparent glass.
- When it reaches the maximum level, remove the fixed bottle.
- After that, cover your ink tank and ink bottle, respectively.
- Follow our same easy procedure for filling other color tanks.
HP Smart Tank 618 Print Head
Step 3: How to Install Print heads on HP Smart Tank 618
The technical instructions here are easy to install the printhead. Along with the printer, you get the printhead that fits perfectly. Now, start the installation procedure.
- Initially, unlock the front door to open the inner carriage.
- When you open it, the carriage moves slowly and rests in the middle.
- Once it is stopped, you can notice the printhead slot.
- Then, lift the plastic handle to remove it.
- After that, press the latch downward to unlock it. Here, pull the plastic plugs to remove them.
- Next, unwrap the new printheads and remove the orange plugs.
- After that, find the pull tab and use it to peel the adhesive on the print-contacts.
- Once you have removed the plugs, insert them to the empty slot.
HP Smart Tank 618 Load Paper
Step 4: How to Load paper on tray for HP Smart Tank 618
It is simple to insert the papers in your HP Smart Tank 618 printer. We recommend the following instructions to install papers.
- Initially, select a pile of A4 papers or other compatible papers.
- Then, align them to fit inside the tray.
- Now, extend the paper tray smoothly and check if any packaging material is stuck inside.
- If you find it, remove the packing material. Then, move the paper guide to the left edge.
- Next, stack the sheets to fit inside the tray.
- After that, secure the papers with the paper guide.
- Note: Ensure that the output tray is extended to get the printouts.
- Once you have installed the papers suitably, it prints the alignment page.
- Now, follow the instructions on the page to align the printheads.
HP Smart Tank 618 Driver
Step 5: How to Download & install driver for HP Smart Tank 618 setup
After setting up the device for the first time, download the necessary HP Smart Tank 618 drivers and firmware. You can get the drivers from the included installation CD. While you install the drivers from CD, it offers only the basic set. Sometimes, it may have outdated drivers. So download the recent printer driver right from the website. Refer to the following instructions to get the right drivers for your new HP Smart Tank 618 printer.
- Initially, choose the Mac or Windows computer to connect to your printer.
- Now, browser the printer driver page to get the exact driver list.
- On the driver page, type your printer model along with the desktop OS version.
- Now, based on the system information, you get the drivers your HP 618.
- Here explore the set of drivers to download the best fit for the printer.
- Now press the Download option and let it download to the computer.
Finally, open the driver file to install it through the available installer.