HP Smart Tank 617 All-in-one printer
How to setup, Print, Copy, Scan on your HP Smart Tank 617 Printer
HP Smart Tank 617 is a perfect printer for cost-efficient printing. The printer comes with a high-quality ink bottle to print for up to two years. Fill the integrated tanks with the original ink bottles. Now, enjoy remote printing and scanning with the latest HP Smart application. Connect to the network effortlessly through the wifi, USB, or wifi direct. Print via your mobile device from anywhere with advanced mobile printing solutions.To see more similar models please Click here.
HP Smart Tank 617 Unboxing
Step 1: How to unbox HP Smart Tank 617 Printer
Setup your new Smart Tank 617 properly to start with the printing tasks. Here are the steps for the Smart Tank 615 printer setup.
- Initially, remove the wrappers and the tapes to unbox the printer. Then, please take out the printer carefully and settle it on a firm surface.
- Then, remove all the printer accessories from the box.
- Now, take the power cable and check it for any damage. Then, connect the one end to the wall outlet and the other end to the power port.
- After that, press the printer’s Power button to turn on and wait until the button glows.
- Then, the LCD displays the set of instructions to set display settings.
- Finally, follow the steps and move on with the ink filling.
HP Smart Tank 617 Install Ink
Step 2: How to Install Ink on HP Smart Tank 617
The printer package includes separate ink bottles for low-cost printing. Now, please make use of the provided ink bottles and follow our user-friendly technical steps for filling the tanks from the bottle.
- Firstly, take out all the supplied ink bottles from the printer box and keep them aside.
- Then, grab the Cyan tank and remove the lid and set it aside.
- Next, find the Cyan ink bottle and twist or flip the lid to open carefully.
- Then, twist the cyan ink bottle upside down and keep it over the tank spout.
- After that, push the bottle gently to fit the tank spout.
- Now, the ink drains slowly to fill the cyan tank.
- Then, wait until the ink fills the tank. Here, do not squeeze the bottle to speed up filling.
- Once filled, remove the cyan bottle and close the tank.
- Next, repeat the above steps for filling the other tanks.
HP Smart Tank 617 Print Head
Step 3: How to Install Print heads on HP Smart Tank 617
Check the printer box for the printheads to install on the printer. Now, take out the printheads that you get with the printer.
- Initially, open the front door as well as the printhead access door.
- Once you open the door, the carriage moves and settles down in a position.
- Then, remove the plastic handle that is on the printhead package.
- After that, smoothly hold down the latch to open.
- Now, look for the plastic mold on the printhead and remove it carefully.
- Then, unpack the printheads and get them ready for installation.
- After that, pull out the orange molds and tape on the copper-contacts.
- Now, push the printhead into the slots until it fixes securely.
- Finally, lock the blue carriage and latch it.
HP Smart Tank 617 Load Paper
Step 4:How to Load paper on tray for HP Smart Tank 617
Install the papers right after you finish the printhead installation. Now, take a look at the printer user guide to know the media compatibility for HP 617. Then, follow our simple technical instructions.
- Initially, pull out the paper tray to the maximum and snap it.
- Then, find the paper width guide and move it to the left corner.
- After that , extend the output tray to collect the printed pages.
- Now, place the papers after aligning them well.
- Then, adjust the paper guides so that it fits on the stack correctly.
- Now, wait for the printer to print the alignment page.
- Finally, refer to the instructions on the page for aligning the printheads.
HP Smart Tank 617 Driver
Step 5: How to Download & install driver for HP Smart Tank 617 setup
To download the HP Smart Tank, 617 printer driver, finish the hardware setup. Then, follow the instructions for the HP Smart Tank 617 driver download.
- Initially, find the compatible OS computer and turn on it.
- Then, open the browser to go to the driver setup page.
- On the setup page, choose the printer number and OS version and press the Search.
- Now, the page displays various Smart Tank 617 drivers compatible with the computer OS.
- From the driver list, choose the suitable driver, which includes essential functions.
- Next, select the driver and press the Download option.
- Finally, install the downloaded software with the help of a built-in installer.
Supporting Windows device with OS version:MS-Windows OS 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 OS and 8.1 OS (32-bit and 64-bit processor)
Supporting Mac device with OS version:Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12, X 10.13, X 10.14 and X 10.15.