HP Smart Tank 517 All-in-one printer
How to setup, Print, Copy, Scan on your HP Smart Tank 517 Printer
Enjoy the ultimate freedom while printing with the HP Smart Tank 517. It has an enhanced ink tank system for high-volume and cost-efficient printing. Now, establish a wireless connection and get the fade-proof prints with crisp text and bright colors. Print from anywhere with the advanced Smart app. Moreover, you can create customized shortcuts with Smart Tasks.Please Click here to see more similar models.
HP Smart Tank 517 Unboxing
Step 1: How to unbox HP Smart Tank 517 Printer
Before you start using the HP Smart Tank 517, it needs to be set up. For that, follow the simple yet practical instructions below.
- Initially, open the printer box once you peel off the stickers. Then, pull out your new HP 517 printer and clear the plastic layer on the control panel.
- Then, place the printer on the disturbance-free environment.
- To get the power connection, link the power cable to the socket as well as the printer port.
- Then, turn on your Smart Tank printer and move to the printer touchscreen.
- After that, choose the preferences, including the date, language, and more.
- Once you have completed the initial settings, proceed to fill the ink tank.
HP Smart Tank 517 Install Ink
Step 2: How to Install Ink on HP Smart Tank 517
The HP 517 printer uses the individual ink tank system for printing. To fill up each tank, follow the quick instructions.
- Initially, lift and pull down the front cover to access the ink area.
- Now, take off the cap that seals the Cyan ink tank.
- Then, get the Cyan ink bottle and unseal it.
- Next, carefully turn the bottom up and keep the cyan bottle on the tank.
- Gradually, the ink pours into the Cyan tank and now wait till it gets filled.
- Once the ink reaches the maximum level, remove the bottle.
- After that, seal the cyan tank and bottle.
- Finally, use the above procedure to fill up the other color tanks too.
HP Smart Tank 517 Print Heads
Step 3: How to Install Print heads on HP Smart Tank 517
Take a look at the following instructions to complete the printhead installation. If any assistance required for installing the printhead, our technicians are available through call and chat.
- Firstly, flip the front access door of the printer.
- Now, from the printhead, remove the plastic handle.
- Next, unpack the printhead that came along with the printer.
- From the new printhead, remove the tape and orange plugs.
- Finally, install the printhead to snap in the printer.
- Avail our printer expert help if you need any assistance in installing the printhead.
HP Smart Tank 517 Load Paper
Step 4: How to Load paper on tray for HP Smart Tank 517
Now, refer and know the compatible paper type for your HP 517 printer. After confirming the media types, go through the instructions to load the selected papers.
- Initially, lift the tray to proceed with the paper insertion.
- Now, pull the output tray to receive the printouts.
- Then, take plain white sheets and arrange them properly.
- Next, move the guide to the corner and stack the papers.
- Feed papers according to the tray capacity.
- Once placed, ensure the alignment and also adjust the sheet guide.
- Wait for the printer to print the sample page automatically.
- The printed sheet contains the instructions for aligning the printhead.
- Finally, follow the steps in the sheet to complete the alignment.
HP Smart Tank 517 Driver
Step 5: How to Download & install driver for HP Smart Tank 517 setup
Follow our technical instructions to determine and download the drivers for MAC or Windows. Once you download the specified HP Smart tank 517 drivers, you are good to start.
- Initially, ensure that you have switched on the desktop and printer.
- Now, verify the OS type and version. After that, head to the website to figure out the essential HP 517 drivers.
- Next, enter the product model and OS in the search field and get the available drivers.
- Then, go through all the drivers set on the webpage and select the best fit for your printer.
- Once selected, tap the “Download” and let the driver downloads on the computer.
- After that, open the downloaded file from the “Downloads” folder.
- Double-tap on the driver folder and install it via the Auto-installer.
- While you install the driver, select the connection as wifi or USB.
- Lastly, follow the wizard instructions and finish the setup process.
If you are unable to identify or download the HP 517 drivers, we are here to assist you.A compatible version of Windows Operating System: MS-Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8, 8.1, and 7 (32-bit & 64-bit).
A compatible version of the Mac Operating System: X 10.11 and its higher version