HP Smart Tank 500 All-in-one printer
How to setup, Print, Copy, Scan on your HP Smart Tank 500 Printer
HP Smart Tank 500 is an innovative printer for high-volume printing. It is engineered with the latest technology to deliver outstanding quality. Experience the mess-free ink filling and also get uninterrupted printing for up to 3 years.
Set up the printer in a jiffy and start to print, scan, and copy. Also, connect the HP Smart Tank to the network and enjoy the features you need your office.Please Click here to see more similar models.
HP Smart Tank 500 Unboxing
Step 1: How to unbox HP Smart Tank 500 PrinterRefer to the following instructions to complete your HP Smart Tank 500 first-time printer setup. Walk through the steps to start with your printing journey.
- To begin with, clear the stickers on the printer box and take out your brand new printer.
- Next, keep the product on the smooth surface and remove the extra packaging stuff.
- Then, take the power cable to connect to the printer’s rear and the power outlet.
- After that, press the power icon to switch on your new HP Smart Tank 500 printer.
- Once your printer is idle, access the touchscreen control panel for the preference settings.
- Now, set the date, language, time, and location and proceed to the next step.
HP Smart Tank 500 Install Ink
Step 2: How to Install Ink on HP Smart Tank 500
- Initially, remove the cap on the cyan ink tank as well as the ink bottle.
- Ink bottles may have either twist-off or flip-flop lids.
- For bottles having twist-off lids, twist the lid and remove it.
- If bottles have a flip-top lid, remove the lid to peel the seal. Then again, refit the cap and open it.
- Once you have removed the lid, keep the ink bottle upside down on the tank opening.
- Next, push the bottle gently to fit the tank spout.
- Once the ink is transferred to the tank, remove and close the ink bottle.
- Then, lock the ink tank with the cap and do the same for filling other ink tanks.
HP Smart Tank 500 Print Heads
Step 3: How to Install Print heads on HP Smart Tank 500After you fill the ink tanks, proceed to the print head installation. Follow the step-by-step procedures to install the print heads.
- Now, please move to the print head access door and open it.
- Once you open, the carriage moves to the middle and halts.
- After that, remove the packing material on the print head.
- Next, please open it and clear the plastic insert.
- Now, take out the print head from the package and remove the orange molds.
- Then, you can find the tape on the print head contacts, which needs to be removed.
- After that, gently press the print head into the carriage and close the door.
HP Smart Tank 500 Load Paper
Step 4: How to Load paper on tray for HP Smart Tank 500Before you proceed to install the papers, choose the compatible paper format and size. Once selected, follow these instructions.
- To begin with, open the input tray and pull out the output paper tray.
- Next, move the paper guide to the printer’s left.
- Then, feed a stack of white sheets on the tray and adjust the guides.
- Finally, adjust the print heads as per the instructions on the alignment page.
- With the above steps, the HP 500 hardware setup is over. Now, you can proceed to the HP Smart Tank 500 printer driver download.
HP Smart Tank 500 Driver
Step 5: How to Download & install driver for HP Smart Tank 500 setup
- To begin with, select the computer’s OS and open the website.
- Next, select and download the compatible Smart Tank 500 drivers and software.
- Before clicking on the Download option, once again, check the OS version. If you have selected the wrong OS version, it may result in a software installation issue.
- Once checked, select the Download option and download it to your computer.
- After that, open the AutoRun file to complete the installation.
- Follow the monitor instructions and select the wired or wireless type on the connection screen.
- Finally, choose any file to take a sample print to check the alignment and quality.