How to set up the default printer in Mac?
It is beneficial to put the printer under default state using your compatible system support. Enabling this default printer mode can relieve you of various printer issues or errors. Try to make use of the respective printer Official page to know much about the printer functions & Handling. Use the given step-wise to setup the printer to default on your Mac.
- Bring the Mac system to the active state.
- Try to ensure a stable network and power connection among the printer and Mac system devices.
- Link both the devices to the same network and it must be active throughout the procedure.
- Open the active Mac system and tap on the Apple icon.
- Then, choose the System Preferences option and followed the Print & Fax option.
- On the corresponding screen, you must hit the plus (+) sign to add the desired printer to it.
- Then, prefer the IP Address section and connect to the Protocol pop-up menu.
- Here, you need to choose the Line Printer Daemon (LPD) option.
- Connect through the address field on the next page and specify the Localhost.
- On the print suing field, you will see the Generic PostScript printer notification. Here, give Add option.
- Ensure the settings and active mode of the printer.
- Close the Print & Fax tab or quit the System Preferences page.
How to create a Virtual PostScript using Mac settings:
- Make use of the Print Center> Add Printer.
- Here, about the display options, prefer the LPR Printers using the Printer Type menu.
- Then, select the option- Using IP or IP Printing from the pop-up menu in the Printer List dialog box.
- On the LPR Printer’s Address box, specify the localhost.
- Further, pick the Generic PPD or, you can use the specific printer. by using the specific PPD file from the Printer Model menu.
- Click Add and complete.
If you have any doubts or need support- Call Our Technical Team for instant support & guidance.