How to get HP printer offline to online
Why does your HP printer turn offline?
Have you ever faced a situation like this? You are in a hurry to take a printout, and your printer says offline. This hectic situation will need troubleshooting steps to fix the printer issue. Herewith, we have discussed few offline printer troubleshooting guidelines. Turn your HP printer back online and start printing without hassles.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
Following are the steps to resolve the printer problem using HP Print and Scan Doctor:
- At first, find the latest version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- Now, download the application and run the HPPSdr.exe file in the downloads section.
- Next, tap yes to confirm the installation of the HP Print and Software.
- Tap on the start button and select your HP printer model
- If you cannot find your printer model in the list, reboot your printer.
- Tap on the retry button present on the HP Print and driver.
- Click yes to enable all the printer updates.
- Next, click on the yes button to make your printer the default printer.
- Now, try printing your files; if the issue continues, go to the other method.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Set your printer as default on Windows 10
Following are the steps to set your printer model the default printer on Windows 10:
- Switch on the Windows system and search for the devices menu.
- Now, choose the printers and scanners menu to find your printer model.
- Unbox the menu indicating that Windows can manage the default printers.
- Now, pick your HP printer model from the list of printers displayed on-screen.
- Next, tap on the manage menu and click on the default option.
- Now, assign a print task and check if your HP printer prints on time.
- If you find the printer issue again, continue with the other troubleshooting methods.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Check the printer connection
Do the following to turn your printer online:
- Keep your printer active and remove the power cord.
- Now, wait for 2 minutes and reconnect the power cord.
- Turn on your computer and the HP printers.
- Place both devices close on a smooth surface.
- Check if your printer and PC receive the same Wi-Fi.
- Look at whether the router gets a consistent wireless network.
- Now, try assigning a print task to your HP printer.