How to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi?
Wireless setup will enable users to print from wherever they are. Also, you can connect your HP Deskjet 2722 printer to a smartphone, tablet, and more. There are 4-different methods available to affix your HP printer to Wi-Fi. Come, let us see all the wireless connectivity methods in detail.
Step 1: HP Auto Wireless Connect
Connect HP printer to Wi-Fi without Ethernet cables or router credentials. Follow the steps given below:
- Download and install an updated driver on your computer.
- Switch on your HP printer and run the software installed.
- Now, choose wireless on the network connectivity prompt.
- Also, click Ok to confirm the connection.
- It might take a few minutes for your printer to connect to Wi-Fi.
Step 2: Wireless Setup Wizard
Following are the steps for wireless printer setup using a wireless setup wizard:
- Switch on your HP printer and detach the USB/Ethernet cable.
- Now, go to the control panel and tap on the wireless icon.
- Next, choose network settings to pick the wireless settings menu.
- Now, click open the wireless setup wizard and follow the steps.
- Enter the network name and password to complete the wireless setup.
Step 3: WPS Push Button Connect
Check if both your router and HP printer have a WPS Push Button. With WPS Push Button, your printer can connect to Wi-Fi in 2 minutes. Follow the instructions enlisted below:
- Power up both your HP printer and the router.
- Check if both the router and printer are close.
- Now, press the WPS button on the HP printer.
- Next, press the WPS button on the router in 2 minutes.
Step 4 : Connect HP printer to Wi-Fi without the router
Wi-Fi Direct and HP Wireless Direct will allow you to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi without the router. Follow the manual wireless setup steps to affix the HP printer to Wi-Fi Direct:
- Go to the control panel of your printer and tap on the Wi-Fi Direct.
- Now, click on the HP Wireless Direct icon and tap on the network settings.
- Next, choose wireless settings and tap on the Wireless Direct menu.
- Turn on the connection and wait for the HP printer to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Now, assign a test print task of your choice. Pick a document to print and do to print settings.
- Next, click on the Print icon and wait for the HP printer to print your files.