Enjoy printing your favorite memories using the Canon Pixma IP8720 printer. With a borderless printing feature, complete the DIY projects at ease. The printer has an original six individual ink cartridges for exceptional print quality. Now, you can reload papers less often with the 150 sheet tray and the auto feeder. You can print documents from any device through Cloud Print and AirPrint.
The creative app, Canon Print, allows you to print from any mobile device. Also, the printer supports wireless LAN, USB, and wireless LAN for connecting to devices. To save more energy when the printer is idle, use the auto on/off feature. Please Click here to see more similar models
Canon PIXMA IP8720
PIXMA IP8720 Setup Drivers and Downloads
Connecting your Pixma IP8720 printer to network and Windows is simple. For that, connect the Windows computer to the same network. Now, follow the instructions below to get a steady wireless connection.
- To begin with, connect your printer to the power source and switch it on.
- Then, find the wifi icon and press hold it. It would be best if you held the wifi button until the printer power button flickers twice.
- Once you release the button, you can see the wifi light turning blue and blinking fast. It implies a successful wireless connection.
- Now, go to the Windows device and download the suitable Canon PIXMA IP8720 setup driver and wireless software.
- Next, allow the wizard to run the driver file and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- When you get the “Add a Printer” screen, select your printer from the device list.
- Once added a printer to the Windows, print a sample test file.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to connect the Mac device with the Pixma IP8720 printer wireless. Connect your Mac to the same network for downloading the driver file. Now, use the steps here for the successful wireless setup.
- Firstly, ensure the power connection for your printer and turn it on.
- Next, press and hold the wifi icon on your printer. Now, release the button when the power light blinks twice.
- After that, the wifi light turns blue and starts blinking faster. It is the indication for the completion of the Canon printer wireless setup.
- Then, download the compatible Canon Pixma IP8720 setup drivers along with wireless software.
- Now, run the installer to install the software and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When the screen shows the Add Printer screen, please select it and look for your printer name.
- Lastly, add the Pixma IP8720 printer to the device list to print wireless.
Printer issue not listed in the below listings ? Reach us at or chat with our Tech-experts live for immediate assistance for your Printer model
By downloading the compatible wireless drivers, you can complete the IP8720 wireless setup. Firstly, install the driver and choose the connection type when the wizard prompts.
To connect with a network, you can use either the USB cable or a wireless button. Before you proceed, you have to download the latest Pixma IP8720 drivers. Now, select the network type according to the selected network type.
Initially, you have to verify the wireless connection for the printer and the computer. Next, disconnect your printer from the Windows and leave it undisturbed for 20 seconds. Then, re-connect the devices or call us for further assistance.
To begin with, check if the printer is connected to the Mac wirelessly. If not connected, connect the devices to the wireless network and refresh the settings. Call us for more troubleshooting steps if the error persists.
The Canon Pixma IP8720 printer does not have a control panel. So you can use only the wifi icon on the printer to activate the wireless connection. If you need any help with Canon Pixma IP8720 wireless setup, reach us.
This installation failure error occurs when you try to download incompatible printer drivers. So before downloading any printer driver or wireless software, check the compatibility. Also, download only the latest printer drivers. If you face this error, you can call our technical support team.
- To begin with, on the product page, select the latest set of IP8720 drivers and software.
- After that, please search for the driver location and install it using the installer.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions for the hassle-free driver download.
- Any queries on downloading the drivers? Call us without any hesitation.
Yes, both the versions (32-bit & 64-bit) of Windows 7 are compatible with the IP8720 printer. Here is the complete list of compatible Mac and Windows devices.
Compatible Windows 8, Windows 8.1 OS, and Windows 7 and 7 SPI
Windows Vista SP2, Vista SPI, and XP SP3 32-bit processor.
Mac OS: Mac OS V 10.6.8 to V 10.9 OS
Mobile OS: iOS, Windows RT, and Android