Upgrade your home office to the next level with the MFC-J985DW All-in-One printer. It includes cost-efficient features like auto 2-sided printing, 20-sheet ADF, and 100 sheet paper tray. Now, easily navigate and access the available menus with a smooth touchscreen display. You can print the documents from any smartphone, tablet, desktop, and laptop. Now, print photos or documents from Google Drive, Dropbox, and Evernote effortlessly. What’s more? Complete the printer setup and explore the full features.For Similar models Click here
Are you unable to setup your Brother MFC-J985DW printer ? If so, Please contact our dedicated technical team for more help
Brother MFC-J985DW Wireless Setup
A stable wireless connection is necessary to connect your Brother MFC-J985DW setup to any device wireless. For a stable wireless connection, follow the instructions below.
- Initially, open the Brother MFC-J985DW setup page to download the drivers to Windows.
- Then, follow the wizard screen steps to install the core driver file.
- After that Turn on the connection screen, choose “Wireless Network Setup.”
- After that, highlight the “I have a USB Cable” to make a temporary USB connection between the printer and the computer.
- Then follow the instructions and wait for the wizard to prompt for Settings on the printer panel.
- Then, go to the MFC-J985DW touchscreen and tap the Home icon.
- Here, select the Wireless Setup and enter the network credentials.
- Next, on your computer, you can notice the “Add a Printer” window popping up.
- Finally, add the MFC-J985DW to the device wireless.
Now, get the enhanced features by completing the Brother MFC-J985DW wireless setup. Here are the setup steps for an error-free connection.
- Firstly, from the driver page, download the latest Brother MFC-J985DW setup software package.
- Then, proceed with the software installation with the instructions from the wizard.
- After that, Turn on the connection wizard, select the Wireless Device Setup Wizard.
- Then, choose the “Same Network” option for noting down the SSID and network key.
- After getting it, go to the Brother MFC-J985DW printer panel and select Wireless.
- Here, enter the network details and proceed to add your printer.
- Next, on the “Add Printer” screen to choose your MFC-J985DW.
- Lastly, print a test page to check if it works fine. If not, avail our printer assistance.
Printer issue not listed in the below listings ? Reach us at or chat with our Tech-experts live for immediate assistance for your Printer model
Yes, you can wirelessly connect the MFC-J985DW printer to compatible Mac/Windows. The only criteria are that you have to use the same network for both the devices. After that, go to the MFC-J985DW printer panel and choose the Wifi -> Setup Wizard. Lastly, enter the SSID and password to connect wirelessly.
To begin with,your MFC-J985DW printer is compatible with both USB and Wifi. For proceeding with the USB setup, select the three meters long USB cable. If you go with the wifi setup, keep the network credentials ready and tap on the Wifi button. You can also get assistance from our printer technician for the complete USB and Wireless Setup.
Initially, verify the wifi connection and change the settings if needed. Next, check if you have the same Wifi between Windows and MFC-J985DW. If the devices are connected to different networks, then the computer may not be able to recognize the printer. Thus, use the same Wifi to connect your devices and retry printing. If the printer still says offline, connect with our experts.
Usually,there may be two reasons for the “Printer is Offline” error. The first one is a network fault, and the second one is a corrupted driver file. Now, the wifi connection error can be resolved by changing the settings. After that, connect the devices to the wifi network. Next, uninstall the old driver and reinstall the new MFC-J985DW drivers.
Firstly, we can resolve this issue easy by downloading the new set of MFC-J985DW drivers. For this, check the Windows/Mac compatibility with the printer. After that, uninstall the unnecessary driver file and reinstall new drivers.
Usually,the common way to clear the issue is by reinstalling the MFC-J985DW driver. For this, you have to remove the existing printer driver from the computer. Now, choose the Windows icon and choose the Brother option. After that, click on Brother Utilities and go to the Tools. Finally, click on Uninstall and reinstall the Windows 10 Brother drivers and software. For further assistance on fixing Windows 10 Update printing issues, connect with our experts.
- To begin with, connect your computer to a stable network, either wired or Wireless.
- After that, from the browser, open the MFC-J985DW driver download page.
- Next, on the driver page, select the printer model and OS type.
- Then, download the MFC-J985DW drivers by clicking on the Download button.
- After that, install the setup file as per the instructions on the installation wizard screen.
- Finally, add your printer to the computer device list.
Before we start, you connect to the computer, check if your printer supports the OS version. Compatible Windows OS versions are Windows 10, 8, 7, 8.1, Vista, and XP (32-bit & 64-bit), and the compatible Mac OS versions include Mac OS 10.8 to Mac OS 10.15.