The Brother MFC-J6945DW is a well-suited printer for small and home offices. It comes with high-capacity cartridges for uninterrupted printing for up to 1 year. You can periodically monitor the ink levels through the Page Gauge. What’s more? Increase productivity with the essential print functions along with the duplex scanning and copying features. Now, connect the printer to the network and the device with Ethernet/LAN cable, USB cable, Wifi-Direct, Wireless mode, and the custom apps!For Similar models Click here
Are you unable to setup your MFC-J6945DW printer ? If so, Please contact our dedicated technical team for more help
Brother MFC-J6945DW Wireless Setup
Be it a device connection or network connection; you can connect the MFC-J6945DW printer setup wirelessly. Now, get the wifi information to proceed with the wireless connection. Use the following steps to connect the MFC-J6945DW printer wirelessly to the Windows device.
- Firstly, go to the driver setup page for downloading the latest Brother MFC-J6945DW setup driver on Windows.
- Next, install the driver file by following the set of instructions on the screen.
- Then, the installation wizard prompts to select the connection type. Now, choose the Wireless Network Setup option from the option list.
- Next, choose the “I have a USB cable” option for the temporary USB connection.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and move to the MFC-J6945DW panel when the wizard prompts.
- After that, go to the control panel and choose the Wireless Setup option.
- Here, type the wifi name and network key to establish a connection.
- Next, return to your Windows computer and find the “Add a Printer” screen.
- Finally, highlight your MFC-J6945DW printer on the device list.
Connect the MFC-J6945DW setup wirelessly using the wifi icon or the setup file. For this, download the recent versions of MFC-J6945DW setup drivers. Below are the complete setup instructions for the printer connection.
- Initially, download the compatible Brother MFC-J6945DW Setup file to the Mac device.
- Next, wait for the driver to download and then run the software installer.
- Then, choose the Wireless Device Setup Wizard when the connection screen appears.
- Here, select “Use the same network as the computer” option to connect MFCJ6945DW to the same wifi network as MAC.
- Next, you can see the Network Name that is connected to your Mac.
- After that, note down the wifi credentials and move on to the printer panel for the wireless setup process.
- Next, on the printer panel, choose the “Wireless Setup” option.
- Next, type in the gathered wifi name and password. Then, on the “Add a Printer” wizard screen, select your Brother MFC-J6945DW name.
- Finally, try printing a test file to check if the wireless connection is successful.
Printer issue not listed in the below listings ? Reach us at or chat with our Tech-experts live for immediate assistance for your Printer model
Yes,You can connect your MFC-J6945DW printer and computer to the same wifi network. After connecting your computer wireless, use the Setup Wizard to connect the printer wirelessly. If you receive any error message, connect with our printer technician.
Basically, your MFC-J6945DW is engineered to connect with both USB and wifi. However, wifi is the perfect fit to enjoy extended features. Now, it is simple to connect the printer wirelessly using Setup Wizard. For more detailed information, initiate a chat session or dial our toll-free number.
The best solution for the issue is to check the wireless connection. In case of wifi connection, check if you have connected the Windows and printer to the same network. Also, check the printer status on the Status Monitor and ensure that it is “Ready.” If the offline error persists, connect with our experts through chat or call.
However,If your Mac has corrupted or old printer driver, uninstall it. Now, restart the computer and go to the driver page. Next, download the recent MFC-J6945DW setup drivers and check if it resolves the issue. If the printer is still offline, then reach our experts for assistance.
Sometimes, the Firewall may block the brother printer driver installer. To resolve this, disable the Firewall or add the Driver installation file to the trusted list and retry the installation. If the error reappears, connect with our experts for immediate assistance.
Ensure that you have network details before connecting to a wifi network. Also, connect the computer to wifi and download the latest MFC-J6945DW setup drivers. After downloading the driver, use the wifi icon on the printer menu to connect to the same network. In case you need any assistance, call our toll-free number.
- Initially, ensure that your computer is connected to the network.
- Then, open the browser and go to the product driver page.
- Next, choose the corresponding OS model and printer name.
- Now, click on Search to view the compatible MFC-J6945DW drivers.
- Here, choose the driver and download it to the computer.
- Finally, install the Brother Printer driver using the built-in installer.
You can connect a certain Windows and MAC OS version with the MFC-J6945DW printer. The compatible OS versions for Brother MFC-J6945DW printer are:
Compatible Windows OS: Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 8.1 and 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)
Windows 7 SP1 (32 & 64 bit)Compatible
MAC OS: Mac OS 10.11 to Mac OS 10.15