The MFC-J491DW Brother is an all-in-one printer with Duplex printing. It is perfect for home, small office, and dorm room. Also, it contains a 100-sheet paper tray capacity. The MFC-J491DW features mobile device printing. It offers premium-quality output with the inkjet print technology. Moreover, it offers print resolution up to 6000 x 1200 dpi.For Similar models Click here
Are you unable to setup your printer ? If so, Please contact our dedicated technical team for more help
Brother MFC-J491DW Wireless Setup
Connecting MFC-J491DW with your device (Windows OS) wireless is easy. Follow the instructions below to connect the device and MFCJ491DW.
- Firstly, download the MFC-J491DW setup driver and software compatible with your device.
- After that, double-click the .exe file to start the installation process.
- Then, the installation wizard appears. Here, click the wireless network setup as the connection type.
- Next, establish a temporary connection between computer and printer with a USB cable.
- Then run the Wireless MFC-J491DW Setup File and proceed with connecting the printer to the same network as Windows.
- Next, from the wizard, get the existing Wifi name and the password.
- After that, move on to the printer panel and press the menu icon.
- Then, use the arrow key to tap the wireless set up option.
- Here, enter your device network and its security key from the Wizard screen on Windows.
- After this, select "Add a printer" from your Windows device installer screen.
- Finally, find your MFC-J491DW and add it to your Windows system network.
- For additional technical support, call our experts.
Connecting your MAC system and MFC-J491DW setup through a Wi-Fi connection is simple. Instructions below help with Wi-Fi connection between the MAC and the printer.
- To begin with, get the compatible MFC-J491DW setup printer software and driver for your MAC OS.
- Once you get the driver file, double-click on it to install it.
- After that, a wizard appears asking to connect the printer to the same wifi network as the MAC.
- Then, select the existing Wireless Network option, and a screen appears to select the Wifi network.
- Once you enter your Wi-Fi name, the SSID and its passcode appear on the screen.
- Next, choose the wireless setup option from the printer panel.
- Enter the same SSID and PIN as shown on the device and press Ok.
- Finally, your Brother MFC-J491DW is connected to the MAC using your Wi-Fi network.
Printer issue not listed in the below listings ? Reach us at or chat with our Tech-experts live for immediate assistance for your Printer model
You can connect MFC-J491DW with windows and Mac using two methods. First - create a temporary USB connection and proceed with the Wifi Setup. Second - connect your wireless network and the printer using the wireless setup option. If you require any assistance with the network setup, call us.
Download the compatible driver separately for wireless and wired connections. After downloading, go through the instructions and install the driver file. If you face any problem with the installation, contact us.
Initially, verify that your Windows is in connection with the same printer. Then, access the task tray and open the status monitor. Next, touch the device to monitor option under the status monitor settings. Here, verify that your MFC-J491DW printer is active. After that, touch the device to display option under the status monitor settings and verify that your printer is active. Then retry printing the file. If the offline error recurs, reach our experts.
Firstly, confirm that your MAC OS is in connection with the MFC-J491DW. After that, access the printer task tray and choose the status monitor settings. Here, first tap "device to monitor" and type the printer name. Secondly, tap "device to display" and type the printer name and continue with the process. Finally, reinstall the file- status monitor and start the printing. If "printer offline" pops again, then chat with our experts for instant assistance.
First, uninstall all the windows 7 compatible Brother printer Drivers and software. Then, reinstall the Windows 10 version Brother Printer drivers and software. If you are unable to print after the software reinstallation, connect with our experts for assistance.
Instructions to reinstall the software after the installation failure are:
- Initially, switch on your computer.
- After that, choose "Security and Privacy" under system preferences.
- Then, click the app store and identified developers.
- Next, download and install the software again.
If unable to finish the reinstallation, then call us. We offer instant assistance for software installation.
Firstly, go to the website and download the software. After that, contact our experts to get the installation procedure. If you face any technical issue with downloading or installing the MFC-J491DW driver, reach us.
In Windows, the MFC-J491DW compatible 32 and 64 bit OS versions are Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1)
In MAC, the compatible OS versions for MFC-J491DW are mac OS 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, and 10.11.